FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Valid until 13 January 2019
What is Transdev Link?
Transdev Link is a ‘point-to-point’ On Demand Transport ride-share solution. That means that you can be picked up and dropped off at any address, public transport hub, shopping centre etc. within the On Demand zones.
What are Transdev Link services operating hours?
Transdev Link services operate at the following times:
What areas are serviced by Transdev Link?
Transdev Link operates On Demand Transport services in the Sutherland area within four dedicated zones:
- Jannali West: Includes Jannali, Bonnet Bay and Como
Click here to see Jannali West zone map
- Sylvania: Includes Sylvania, Sylvania Waters and Kangaroo Point
Click here to see Sylvania zone map
- Caringbah: Includes Caringbah, Caringbah South, Woolooware, Dolans Bay, Burraneer, Lilli Pilli and Port Hacking
Click here to see Caringbah zone map
- Gymea: Includes Gymea, Gymea Bay, Sutherland, Kirrawee and Yowie Bay.
Click here to see zone map
Where I live is not served by Transdev Link. What can I do?
- If you do not live in an On Demand zone, we advise you make personal travel arrangements to reach the closest On Demand zone or use existing public transport services.
- If you have any enquiries or would like to provide feedback on the On Demand zones, you can contact us via phone by calling 131 500 or by completing the feedback form at transportnsw.info
How do I book my Transdev Link trip?
You have three options for booking.
Booking is also available through the Transdev Link website: click here.
Don’t have a smartphone? Not a problem, you can book a ride via calling our Contact Centre on 1800 TDLINK (1800 835 465).
Can I book a trip across two zones?
No. An On Demand trip must be made within one zone. If you want to travel across two zones, you will need to book two separate On Demand trips. Alternatively, you can connect with existing public transport services (trains and regular bus routes) or make alternative personal travel arrangements.
Can I request a trip with multiple stops?
No. Transdev Link is a ‘point-to-point’ On Demand Transport solution that will transport you from a point A to a point B.
As you will be travelling with up to 10 other customers, your vehicle will make various stops during the trip. Should you decide to alight the On Demand vehicle at one of these stops instead of the one you have booked, you should advise the driver accordingly and your journey will be considered as completed.
When should I book my Transdev Link trip
You can book a trip with Transdev Link from one week up to one hour before your trip. The earlier you make your booking, the better guarantee you have of finding a seat available.
We recommend you book your trip minimum one hour in advance.
What if there is no vehicle available for the time I want to travel?
The Transdev Link app, website or our Contact Centre agent will suggest earlier and later time options for you to travel.
How many seats can I book per trip?
You can book up to eight seats per trip.
Will I receive a booking confirmation?
Yes. You will receive a booking confirmation with an estimated 20 minute pick up timeslot and drop off time at your chosen destination on the actual day of travel.
Will I get a receipt at the end of my trip?
Yes. If you book online or through our app, you will automatically receive your receipt by email. If you book through our Customer Contact Centre and have provided our Customer Contact Centre agent with your email address, you will also receive your receipt to this address. Even if you choose to pay by cash to our driver, you will still be emailed a receipt on completion of your trip.
How can I be sure I'm being picked up by the correct vehicle?
When you receive your trip confirmation, you will be informed of your trips vehicle registration plate number and your driver’s name. When you board the Transdev Link vehicle, our driver will also verify and ensure that your booking details correspond to their driving route and scheduled stops.
How can I cancel a trip? Is it free?
You can cancel your trip through the Transdev Link app, Transdev Link website or Customer Contact Centre. If is free to cancel your trip:
- Within the first two minutes after booking
- More than two hours before your earliest pick up time
- After the latest pick up time
- When the expected drop off time is more than five minutes after the latest drop off time
- When you do not have an assigned or planned driver.
If a driver reports a customer no show, this will result in a free cancellation of the trip, if the no show is reported:
- After the latest pick up time
- When the expected drop off time is more than five minutes after the latest drop off time.
If your cancellation does not fulfil those conditions, then you will be required to pay 70% of your fare. If you repeatedly cancel your trip without notifying us in advance, you may not be able to book On Demand trips in the future.
How much does Transdev Link cost?
A single trip costs $2.60 ($1.30 for concessions card holders).
Concession card holders: includes concession pensioners, seniors, students, and apprentices. Note our Driver may ask to view proof of concession entitlement upon pick up.
How do I pay for my trip?
You will be able to pay securely:
- By credit card within the Transdev Link app
- By credit card on the Transdev Link website when booking your trip
- By credit card to our friendly Contact Centre staff when booking your trip
- By cash to the driver (maximum $50 note).
Please note at this stage you will not be able to pay with your Opal Card on Transdev Link services.
What do the vehicles look like?
What are the safety features of Transdev Link vehicles?
As well as having all the basics you would expect (airbags, seatbelts, ABS, electronic break, traction control), all of our vehicles come with CCTV, illuminated exits, reverse camera and emergency exit hammers.
Are the vehicles accessible for people with specific mobility needs?
Transdev Link Mercedes Sprinter vehicles are Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant and:
- Each vehicle is equipped with driver assisted electronic lifts to enable you and your wheelchair to travel safe.
- Allow approved assistance animal travel such as guide dogs and hearing dogs.
If you need special assistance, we ask that you notify us when booking your trip.
How many people can be travelling at the same time in the same vehicle?
Vehicles seat a maximum of 11 customers. We have two types of vehicles travelling in the Sutherland Shire:
- The smaller vehicles can carry up to seven rear customers, one customer in wheelchair and one customer in the passenger front seat.
- Our bigger vehicles can carry up to 10 rear customers and one customer in wheelchair.
What are the children travel rules applicable for Transdev Link?
The following rules apply to children travel and bookings:
- Children under the age of seven years old cannot travel on Transdev Link services
- Children under 12 years old cannot travel unaccompanied (without an adult) on the Transdev Link services
- Bookings can only be made by customers who are 16 years old and older.
How can rate my trip once completed?
After completing a trip, you will be prompted to submit a ride rating (one to five stars) as well as providing us with general feedback about your trip.
How can I provide feedback on my trip?
What do I do if I left something on board a vehicle?
Online feedback form: transportnsw.info
Phone: 131 500
Customer Trouble Shooting
What are my duties as a Transdev Link customer?
Customers are asked to:
- Have a valid and confirmed booking prior to boarding the vehicle
- Fasten their seatbelts whilst on board the vehicle
- Remain seated until the vehicle has stopped
- Refrain from speaking to our drivers whilst they are driving.
- Soil or damage the vehicle
- Smoke in the vehicle
- Behave in an offensive manner or use any offensive language towards other customers and our driver
- Intentionally interfere with the comfort or safety of other persons or the vehicle
- Tip Transdev Link drivers
- Eat or drink on board the vehicle.
Can I travel with animals?
We welcome assistance animals on board Transdev Link vehicles. Unfortunately pets and other animals are not allowed.
Can I travel on Transdev Link vehicles with luggage?
We can carry up to two pieces of carry-on sized luggage per customer. Please let us know if you have luggage at the time of booking.
Can I travel on Transdev Link vehicles with large items?
For safety reasons, we cannot permit customer travel on board Transdev Link vehicles with oversized items such as bikes, surfboards, large sporting equipment etc.